What killed 90s death metal? Some of what I talk about:
- How I first got into thrash bands like Sepultura, The Accused and Forced Entry
- The compilations that introduced me to death metal: Earache's "Grindcrusher" with Morbid Angel, Carcass, and Napalm death; Roadrunner's "At Death's Door" with Deicide, Malevolent Creation and Obituary and Relapse's "Corporate Death" with Mortician, Incantation, and Suffocation
- The big death metal scenes: Tampa, Florida (Cynic, Atheist); Long Island, New York (Pyrexia, Internal Bleeding); and Scandinavia (Entombed, Dismember)
- How Cannibal Corpse's appearance in the Jim Carey movie "Ace Ventura Pet Detective" and MTV's Beavis & Butthead helped death metal
- Death metal's stagnation in the mid 90s, which opened the door for black metal bands like Emperor, Mayhem, Darkthrone and Cradle Of Filth to take the spotlight
- The long term impact of death metal on rap, fashion and pop culture as a whole.